Mortgage Banker Bonds protect you and your institution against a wide variety of crime loss exposures, including:
- Fidelity – Loss caused by employee or closing agent dishonesty or theft of mortgage investor’s money or collateral.
- On Premises Crime – Loss of property through robbery, burglary, misplacement, mysterious unexplainable disappearance, theft, larceny or false pretenses while lodged or deposited within offices or premises located anywhere. Also covers resulting loss or damage to the premises and equipment at owned locations or at another location if held liable.
- In Transit – Loss of property through robbery, larceny, theft, misplacement, mysterious unexplainable disappearance while in transit, except while in the US Postal system.
- Check Forgery – Loss resulting directly from forgery or alteration of negotiable instruments.
- Forged Securities – Loss caused by forged, altered, lost or stolen negotiable instrument and documents used as loan collateral such as stock, titles and deeds.
- Electronic and Computer Crime
- Fraudulent Mortgages – Loss resulting from acting upon mortgages, deeds and like instruments where the signatures were obtained by trick, artifice or fraud.